Soft, flexible, circuitry for an enchanted world.
Photo by Luke Fontana
Create innovation in smart products and related data services that brings comfort, safety and confidence to the human experience.
We design and manufacture soft, flexible circuitry that can heat, light, sense and track data, while seamlessly integrating into soft goods.
The LOOMIA Electronic Layer (LEL) is a soft flexible circuit that can be embedded into textiles for heating, lighting, sensing or data-tracking applications.
The LEL integrates seamlessly with your chosen material. Our IP is in several areas: flexible apparel-friendly connectors, components, stretch direct-to-textile conductive inks, custom battery form factors, and e-patterned materials.
Our material can be used in a variety of applications such as commercial and industrial apparel, automotive interiors, and home furnishing, among others. Visionary brands can integrate it to add value and functionality to their products without compromising style and design.
by Blockchain News - September 8, 2017
New York Tech ...
LOOMIA, a New York-based technology company bonding intelligence to textiles for apparel, soft goods, consumer [...]
by Electric Runway - September 14, 2017
Julianna Bass ...
Follow ing a few seasons of flashy tech-on-the-runway, New York Fashion Week may have found its footing when [...]
by Sourcing Journal - November 20, 2017
Why Blockchain ...
Right now, blockchain seems to most people the way The Jetsons did in 1985—and fewer still can likely wrap [...]
by Marie Claire - December 12, 2016
Build a single-engine airplane at 14. Win an Olympic medal in a sport you took up a mere 12 months earlier. Write a bill [...]
by Forbes - March 20, 2017
The Limit Does ...
On Episode 37 of The Limit Does Not Exist we sit down with Janett Martinez, who has held a singular mantra throughout [...]
by Forbes - December 12, 2016
30 under 30
The first fashion designer to be picked as a recipient of the $100,000. Thiel fellowship, Maxey dropped out of Parsons after [...]
by select all - December 12, 2016
41 Companies ...
“One day, we might be testing printed electrodes to make EMG armbands. Then we might be sewing LEDs into fabric [...]
by P9 AiR - 2016
P9 AiR Profile ...
Pier 9 AiR Maddy Maxey explores combining digital fabrications and textile circuitry through creating new [...]
by CO.DESIGN - August 25, 2016
This week, the mass-market fashion retailer Topshop–which is based in London but has stores in select cities in the [...]
- Collaborating with LOOMIA on our fashion tech project has been such an enjoyable and informative experience. They think beyond prototype and are committed to seeing ideas translate into the real world in real time.
NYFW Fashion Designer
- Maddy and her team are truly exceptional - hardworking, a pleasure to be around, and always pushing the boundaries on what's possible when it comes to fashion + tech.
Product Marketing Manager at Google
- Working with the team at LOOMIA was a great pleasure, they hustle to get it done and have the greatest knowledge on cutting edge techniques, totally THE BEST!
Director of Product Management at Flextronics
- LOOMIA is top-notch! Maddy and her team have an incredibly strong grasp of both electronics and textiles, and are leading the way in the smart textiles industry. IT WAS A DREAM working with them!
- Janett and Maddy [of LOOMIA], they are really at THE CROSSROADS of everything
for French Vogue
- [LOOMIA] is investing in the idea that the future of wearables is not miniaturized wrist-worn computers, but rather a technology that’s woven straight into the stuff we put on every day by necessity: our clothes.
Contributor to Wired Magazine
© 2018 LOOMIA